Sunday 29 June 2014

CONVERSATION


On the verge of !!!
DanielI heard that you performed very well in this program. You are going to be one pillar of our company in the near future.
MeganIt's my duty as an employee to carry it out. I receive help from several departments while the whole matter was on the verge of failure. Most importantly, we didn't lose heart, but believed we could succeed at last.
DanielNever give up, then we can defeat our rivals, no matter how strong they are. Stick to your faith, we can overcome adversity successfully. Good job, Megan !
MeganThanks for your praise. I will believe in myself as I did this time and keep on my work. Moreover, I realized teamwork is the key to success.
Explanation :
On the verge of - Close to
Example : I was on the verge of calling the doctor when he suddenly got better.

Fill me in on the task !!!
MichelleDon't remind me. I know I look terrible. It was an awfully long flight.
LindsayWe have work to do, but if you need a day to recover from jet lag, we can start tomorrow.
MichelleI can start immediately. Fill me in on the task.
LindsayOK. I need you to brief me on our new item PUR038 before we make a presentation to Topcraft Co. The deadline is next Monday. You get to pick your own team.
MichelleI'll get right on it.
LindsayGood. Keep me posted.
Explanation :
 
Fill sb in - to give someone extra or missing information
 
Example : I filled her in on the latest gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment